Are you one of the many people trying to find the best garment steamer for your home? Look no further. They say clothes are what define a person. Don’t you think that is right? Imagine a person who walks around in clothes that are full of wrinkles? No one will take him or her seriously. Some people think that buying expensive clothes is the solution to avoiding wrinkles. No, even the most expensive clothes get wrinkles. In fact, they look drab when wrinkled.
Garments can be ironed using an iron and iron board, unfortunately, this requires some skills. You can also opt to take them to a professional cleaner, but that consumes time and needs you to splash out some cash. One of the best options is to remove wrinkles with a garment steamer. They are safe on garments and are easy and quick to use. You also have an option to go for the type that best suits your needs.
If you are the kind of person who does not like to iron, then a clothes steamer is the perfect appliance for you. You can still have unrumpled clothes without having to do any ironing. They are very easy to use. In fact, you do not even have to turn to cloth steamer reviews just to learn how to use them. Plus, they work very quickly, too. If you are in a hurry and want to wear a rumpled shirt, you can just glide this thing over your shirt and it will be wrinkle-free in no time.
Best 10 Cloth or Fabric Steamer
- Best 10 Cloth or Fabric Steamer
- THE BEST HIGH-END Cloth STEAMER
- THE BEST MID-PRICE Fabric STEAMER
- BEST HANDHELD STEAMER
- What Is a Garment Steamer
- Features to Consider when Buying a Fabric Steamer
- Why do we need best Cloth steamers?
- How to choose the best garment steamer
- WHAT TYPES OF GARMENTS STEAMER ARE THERE?
- BENEFITS OF A GARMENT STEAMER
- CAN A STEAMER REPLACE MY IRON?
- TIPS ON HOW TO CHOOSE A GARMENT STEAMER
- HOW TO USE A GARMENT STEAMER TO STEAM CLOTHES
Here is a list of the top garment steamer in the world.
|Rank||Garment Steamers||Wattage||Steam Time
THE BEST HIGH-END Cloth STEAMER
Irons are essential household items especially to people who love to look appealing and smart. Why stress yourself over a traditional iron which might take forever to heat up and straighten your wrinkles when you can utilize this garment steamer to the best advantage in no time. As time is very important and needs to be saved, ROWENTA DG8520 will make ironing easier and faster.
This commercial garment steamer is a combination of high efficiency and utmost convenience. It will practically fit on any new or already existing iron boards. It is of 1800 watts and with the tap of a button; it produces 120 grams of pressurized, rumple removing steam up to one and half hours on a tank.
The steam is constantly delivered through the steam release trigger for 90 minutes in order to complete loads of clothes. With the production of high steam, the time in using conventional irons is cut down thrice. Hence, guaranteeing effortless ironing.
It is arrayed with an easy to fill 47-ounce water tank to save time by reducing the number of refills during sessions of ironing. When filled up, it can last up to two hours of continuous use. The water tank is attached to a boiler, the steam goes through the 12-foot electric cord to the iron. Since the cord is insulated, no burns would occur if the iron grazes your skin.
At the side of the boiler, there is a holder clip which keeps the steam cord tidy when unused. Since it features a removable filter tube, the calc system can be unscrewed to clean mineral benefits. The heat could be easily adjusted to suit different fabrics as the wheel dial which is placed below the iron handle has different heat settings.
It being lightweight makes it more loveable, there are no cramps to be felt on the hand after some minutes of use or burns to occur while battling with the weight. A patented scratch resistant microsteam400 soleplate technology is featured on it, the micro-steam holes produces huge amounts of steam and heat and ensures there is an ideal steam diffusion and supply. Steam could be directly applied on drapes, curtains and hanged clothes.
The precision tip gives access to difficult spots such as narrow edges, pockets, collars and other areas around the button. Rowenta DG8520 has several safety guards to watch against having accidental burns and damaged clothes. The system will go off automatically after being left unused for some minutes. There is absolutely nothing to worry about if you forget to turn it off.
It features a safety lock; there is a handle below the tip which can be flicked down to lock the iron in place. Locking it makes it easier to carry the entire station by the handle without having to worry about the steam iron falling off.
- Easy to transport
- Heats up faster
- Comes with a year warranty
- Ergonomic design
- Steady high pressurized steam
- It has a large removable reservoir.
- 20 percent of energy is reduced due to its eco setting.
- Short power cord.
- The steam station is rather bulky.
- The soleplate only gets to the maximum when the steam is on.
Rowenta DG85290 earns a solid recommendation over other models. Therefore, it is best brand produced and the best steam iron.
THE BEST MID-PRICE Fabric STEAMER
Applying the safest method for removing wrinkles on clothes is the best thing to do since your clothes are also a form of investment. Steam relaxes the fibers rather than crushing them.
The gentler alternative to ironing is steaming. Jiffy J 2000 is a 120 volt garment steamer that removes rumples from clothes, bed sheets, and delicate fabrics. It serves both homes, for travels, commercial purposes and it is built to last. Despite having a larger tank, its ability to heat up within two minutes gives access to all the steaming features it provides.
It has a three quarter gallon reservoir which is at the bottom of the unit and can continuously steam garments up to an hour and half. A flexible hose which produces top-tier performance and reduces leaks is connected to the reservoir. The gallon is removable; it is so easy to take out and fill. The water could be left in the gallon for a few days if not completely used but if it stays in for a lengthy period, it could cause rusting. If you do not intend steaming for at least a week, it is expedient to pour away the unused water. Whenever there is a need to move the steamer around the home to steam curtains or drapes, the steamer’s wheels makes it convenient to do so. The durable aluminum rod has a holder for the wand which could be used to hang garments.
In order for a steamer to be very effective, it must have a good heating element. The hotter the steam is, the better the outcome. With J-2000’s 1300 watts brass heating element that keeps water hot and conducts heat well, a continuous seam will be derived.
Must Read: Joy Garment Steamer Review
The 3-pronegd grounded cord set eliminates fire hazards, a versatile on and off switch allows users to ensure the unit is off when not used even while it is still plugged.
The outer part of the steamer is made from a high-impact plastic that resists wearing and melting. It is very durable and will last for a long period of time. There is an automatic shut-off system in case the steamer runs dry.
The average warranty of steamers on the market is two years but Jiffy J-2000 stands over average with its three year warranty after the initial purchase.
- A wide 6 inch plastic steam head ensures the fastest coverage.
- Perfect for home and commercial use.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Tap water or mixture with distilled water could be used.
- The steaming may need to be repeated for cotton shirts.
- Not quite stable during use.
- Hose is a bit stiff.
- Does not come with accessories.
Jiffy J-2000 looks a bit old fashioned, it does not have any attachments unless bought but it is a durable and quality product.READ MORE ABOUT JIFFY J-2000 HERE
BEST HANDHELD STEAMER
PURE ENRICHMENT PURESTEAM FABRIC STEAMER
Nothing is more appealing than setting out in freshly ironed clothes. If you are ever in need of a durable, affordable and compact fabric steamer to keep your drapes, clothing or curtains rumple-free and neat. Pure enrichment Puresteam fabric steamer is just the right choice. Puresteam fabric steamer is one of the high quality products of pure enrichment. With its fast heating water tank that heats up and ready for use in nearly two minutes, you’ll end up saving more time. Its ergonomic nozzle design is optimized for both stability and power. It generates a continuous flow of quality steam for 10 minutes.
The water tank is easy to fill and empty. Once heated, it can be used continuously for ten minutes which is enough to smooth a picked outfit for the day. The automatic shut-off safety feature prevents the steamer from getting damaged. The steamer is shut off when it gets too hot or when the water tank gets dry.
Puresteam is lightweight as it weighs only 1.4 pounds, there won’t be a possibility of getting tired when using it for extended hours. In addition to this, its compactness makes it ideal for travelling as it could be easily fitted in a travelling bag or suitcase.
The 8-foot power cord makes it easy to steam tops of drapes and curtains without the need of an extension cord.
A warranty of two years is offered to buyers for manufacturing defects. Puresteam fabric steamer works faster and efficiently on all kinds of fabric.
- Easy to use
- Heats up faster.
- Budget friendly
- Easy to handle
- Portable and lightweight.
- Safe to use on all types of fabrics.
- Water tank is too small.
- The water tank cannot be removed for refilling purposes.
- It does not come with accessories.
What Is a Garment Steamer
A garment steamer can also be called cloth steamer or simply a steamer. It is a tool which is used in removing rumples from fabrics and garments using high temperature steam. A steamer works by heating water until it becomes a steam, then the steam is applied to the garment through a nozzle. The heat relaxes all the fibers in the fabric, thus removing the wrinkles.
Garment steamers are devices which are used, as alternatives to traditional iron steamers, to remove wrinkles from clothing and other fabric items and materials. Many people, traditionally, use an iron to straighten crumpled garments or clothes. The only problem with this method is that, it takes time and requires some skills. But with this device, the process is made easier and quicker since it requires no skill.
This is why, many clothing stores and companies use these products to streamline their clothes, either for display or sale. They are quick and valuable substitutes for ironing. These devices are incredible. They are fast when it comes to releasing of wrinkles from garments. This has made them the favorites among companies that deal with clothes. They use garment steamers to prepare hundreds of clothes in just a single day.
Garment steamers are available in different shapes and sizes. This makes it difficult to find good steamers. There are various types, although, they all work using the same principles. The best garment steamer should have some unique qualities. It should:
- Be light in weight
- Be easy to maneuver
- Have a long a long tall rod, which lengthens up to five feet above the base
- Have a flexible rubber tube to carry steam from the bottom to the wide nozzle
- Have a water well at the bottom
- Be well insulated against heating
The purpose of the tall rod is, to provide a place for hanging garment. When it is turned on, the water at the base heats up. This creates steam that rises through the tube. The steam comes out of the tube through the nozzle. The user holds the nozzle, then directs the steam to the crumpled regions of the garment. This way, wrinkles are removed. This process is simpler compared to using the iron. Time taken to completely remove crumples from a garment depends on several things, like type of steamer, type of fabric and capacity of the water tank.
Features to Consider when Buying a Fabric Steamer
Garment steamers come in a variety of sizes. The bigger ones may be the best option for commercial-grade companies that manufacture thousands of clothes on a daily basis. Garment steaming at home will only require you to buy smaller ones that are not complicated to operate. Moreover, these smaller garment steamers are also perfect for those who travel more than once every month. It is not convenient to lug around heavy garment steamers since they will only become excess baggage and fine you with huge fees that would have to be deducted to your total budget.
Its Use on a Variety of Fabrics
Garment steamer reviews, which reflect the comments and the feedback submitted by those who use their very own garment steamers, indicate that these items actually have a lot of uses. Apart from de-wrinkling your clothing, they can also be used for beautifying the presentation of your upholstery and drapery. As compared to normal flat irons, garment steamers can be easily used on fabrics such as satin, silk, lace, and polyester, without having to worry about scorching them.
An Advantage over the Flat Iron
You may have noticed that traditional types of the flat iron tend to wrinkle your clothing’s linings as well as its lower layers. Usually, this occurs when you are trying to flatten your clothing’s upper layers. This just means to show that it is nearly impossible to remove all of the wrinkles on your entire clothing when you use the flat iron.
Garment steamers, on the other hand, do not have this issue. Users of this particular product, as they have commented on various garment steamer reviews, have been very satisfied with how their garment steamer has been working for them. With a steamer, you can easily reach your clothing’s underside, including your shirt’s cuffs and ruffles.
Why do we need best Cloth steamers?
They are great devices and – can be alternative for traditional steam iron. Everyone needs quality. Having the best garment steamers comes with many benefits. They are easy – to – use devices, which require little set up. They are best suited to work on soft fabric and garments with difficult materials. They are not well – suited to deal with crisp fabrics such as dress shirts.
Although they are mostly used for garments, some prefer using them with blankets, pillows and beddings to bring some comfort. They can as well be used to clean car seats and couches. Some even use them to clean mattresses because they can remove strong odors as well as kill dust mites. Generally, good models should produce continuous steam.
How to choose the best garment steamer
Garment steamers are good devices, which play a pivotal role in our lives, by allowing us to easily use steam to remove wrinkles from our garments. These great devices not only remove wrinkles, but they also leave your garment sparkling clean and looking awesome. Nevertheless, if you have no knowledge about them, you will find it hard to select the most suitable model that matches your needs. Steamers come in many forms, different shapes and different sizes. All you need to have is knowledge about them. Going out to shop for one without the necessary information, may end up leaving you disappointed. It can be heart – breaking to splash out cash on something that won’t benefit you. That is why I have taken this moment to write this guide to help you choose the best product on the market. To get the best steamers, it will depend on the following factors
WHAT TYPES OF GARMENTS STEAMER ARE THERE?
Before anything else, you have to know that these products come in various types and each type has features which tend to target specific users. It is good to know the different types to avoid buying the wrong thing. If you buy a product that doesn’t target your needs, then you will have wasted your time and money. The following are the best types of garment steamers that exist in the market today:
There are two types of garment steamers. One can stand by itself while the other has to be handheld.
- Handheld garment steamer: handheld steamers are portable. They have extremely small water tanks and take a little amount of time to heat up. Although, they could prove very stressful when being used for a large amount of clothing because he tank has to be constantly refilled.
- Upright garment steamer: these are ideal for both home and commercial purposes. They have the ability to conveniently handle large amounts of clothes within a short time. There is a high tendency of not refilling the water tank in between steaming.
Upright steamers feel lighter to use due to their in-built hose, the weight of the entire steamer won’t be carried at once. They have garment clip and hanger system that enables you to hang clothes as you steam.
Travel clothes steamer
Its smaller size makes it flexible to carry around in an overnight bag or suitcase. It is ideal for those folks who like traveling a lot and hate paying employed dry cleaners to remove wrinkles from their clothes. This type doesn’t have a tube, like the standing garment steamer, hence it releases steam directly via the nozzle. It has small water well – you have to refill it frequently during the process of removing crumples.
BENEFITS OF A GARMENT STEAMER
Ironing is in fact essential but it is without fun. It is just a traditional way to achieve a smooth look. The benefits of using a garment steamer are:
- It saves a lot of time: ironing is time consuming and stressful. You have to set up the ironing board, heat it up and find your way around tough areas like collars and buttons. It is absolutely something you can rush out on but thanks to garment steamers which takes no time at all. You don’t have to struggle to reach tough areas and your time is saved.
- Garment steamers unlike irons which damage the fragile fibers of textiles provide garments with a smooth look without shortening their lifespan.
- While an iron can burn or melt a fabric, a steamer cannot.
- It is eco-friendly, since it leaves no residue or stains on fabrics, there are no costly solutions to buys.
- It is good from removing dust and bed bugs from clothes and furniture.
CAN A STEAMER REPLACE MY IRON?
A lot of people still prefer to use iron rather than steamers probably because they are yet to discover the benefits of steamers. A steamer and an iron accomplish the goal of smoothening wrinkles. Both produces steam but operates differently. A steamer takes out wrinkles without coming into contact with the fabric, thus reducing the chances of burning the fabric. They are faster and convenient to use than irons. Steamers are not limited to clothes only, they can be used for rugs, drapes, upholstery and all types of linens. If you need to de-wrinkle delicate clothes, get out odors and eliminate wrinkles on time, switching from an iron to a steamer will be the right thing to do.
TIPS ON HOW TO CHOOSE A GARMENT STEAMER
Garment steamers are very essential accessories in removing wrinkles and odors from garments and upholstery. There are so many brands and models available on the market, finding the right one might be challenging. The following should be considered in choosing a garment steamer.
- Type of fabric: you have to consider how big your textiles are. Smaller handheld steamers, due to their limited water capacity cannot handle large items like curtains. The ability of steamers to steam fabrics like cotton depends on the width of the steam head, number of steam holes, how the holes are arranged and how powerful they are.
- Budget: before you go into any purchase, it is essential to have a price range in mind. Very cheap steamers are smaller and might not provide a quality work. If you’d be using a steamer more often and you love quality work, you should opt in for more affordable brands. They are more durable and will give you value for your money.
- Water capacity: the water capacity determines the extent to which the steamer could work before refilling. A lot of refills within a session of steaming could be tiring and annoying especially when you are in a rush. Based on your need, you should opt in for a steamer with a water capacity that’ll not cause difficulties. A transparent water tank can add to the safety as the water level is visible.
Lighter models with small water capacity is ideal for those who would not have lots of items to steam regularly while those who would have lots to steam should go for steamers with large water capacity.
Tap water or distilled water could be sued for steamers. Cheaper models usually have excessive requirements to water and you might have to fill them with distilled water. However, it is essential to find out the kind of water required for a particular model.
- The length of the hose: the extent to which the hose must reach shouldn’t be underemphasized. The standard length for a hose should not be below 5 feet. Many steamers come with extendable hoses, a longer hose will provide a wide range of use and ease.
- Power and speed: most steamers take two minutes or lesser than that to heat up and produce steam but how long the steam will last depends on the product and size of the water tank. Handheld steamers produces steam that lasts for 10-15 minutes while upright steamers produces steam that lasts for about 45-90 minutes. The more the power, the better the steam.
- Timer or auto-off: some people leave the garment on after use, this might be due to hurriedness. This is where the auto-off feature comes in, it is advisable to go for a steamer with this feature. The steamer would go off after a certain time or when the water level becomes minimal. This does not save power only but enhances the durability of the steamer.
- Hanger: garments should be hanged for easier steaming. There are different models without and with different style of hangers. The hanger is to ensure that the garments are well suspended for efficient steaming.
- Portability: portability does not only mean compactness but also the ability of the steamer to move. There might be a need to move steamers around the house for various purposes, steamers with wheels are ideal for those purposes. Most handheld steamers are easy to store and transport while the upright ones may not be ideal for small homes. The handle of the steamer should be easy to pull or push while at use.
HOW TO USE A GARMENT STEAMER TO STEAM CLOTHES
- A garment steamer could be a handheld or upright device. Cold water is to be poured into the water tank of the steamer, to avoid leakage, ensure all the parts of the steamer are properly closed.
Plug in the steamer; allow it to heat until the steam starts to form. Steamers usually heat up within two to three minutes. Ensure it steams well in order to get the desired results, this could be checked by pressing the button or pulling the trigger on the handle, this depends on the brand. The same button is what will be used while steaming.
- The easiest way to steam a garment is when it is left to hang. Some steamers usually have a hanging pole attached. Nevertheless, if you are making use of a handheld steamer, your garment could be hanged and placed on a rod or door knob. Whichever way.
- The steamer should be run against your garments in a downward manner. There is no need of pressing too hard, the steam will remove wrinkles on its own. If the fabric is so wrinkly, steaming should be done from inside the garment or underneath.
When steaming garments with trimmings, the steamer should be half an inch away in order not to damage the embellishments. Special care is also needed with silk or velvet fabrics.
Check the level of water in the tank after each item of clothing.
- Garments are usually damp after a fresh steaming or some small water spots could appear. These are very normal, after steaming let the garment sit in the hanger to dry for some minutes before wearing it.
There are a lot of fabrics that require much power before they become smooth. Thick jeans will need more heat than a silk fabric. Using the highest heat for lighter fabrics might damage them. If you intend steaming a shirt or two, there is no need to fill the water tank all the way up. It will be faster this way.
Steamers are trusted tools but issues with operation could arise. For your steamer to keep running effectively, consider the following tactics:
- Do not overfill the water tank: using too much water could lead to spitting, leakage or worse.
- Ensure the water level does not get too low.
- Ensure the water gets heated before you start steaming.
- Keep the unit clean.
- Do not allow the cord to get twisted .
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions for storage.
In the past, people used to iron their wrinkled clothes from home, and those who had some cash to spend, took them to professionals. Nevertheless, with advancements in technology, today people remove wrinkles from their clothes at the comfort of their homes using garment steamers. This device had remained a secret, only known to the fashion industry, but now it is known by most people.
Though many brands of steamers exist today, the three main ones are standing steamer, travel steamer and handheld steamer. They come with many advantages that can only be felt by users.