To the eye, PURSTEAM ELITE garment steamer looks awesome. To the touch, it feels like a solid, high-quality piece from top to bottom.
20 seconds is all it takes to warm up yet powerful, steady steam is obtainable to keep you at a steaming task for up to 60 minutes with little or no interruption.
Want something that can get the wrinkles out quickly while getting you out the door right away?
Handy to have around, It is perfect for those mornings when you are in a hurry but nothing seems to be done, or for those near embarrassing moments (like realizing a dress was wrinkled on the morning of an early afternoon wedding).
Assuming you are still interested, here is a detailed review of the PURSTEAM ELITE garment steamer.
PURSTEAM ELITE Garment Steamer – Expert Review
- The PURSTEAM full-size garment steamer comes in colors of white elegantly styled with teal blue.
- It is an upright garment steamer with a wheel attached to the reservoir.
- The water tank is detachable, lightweight and transparent.
- There is an outlet in the reservoir for draining water.
- There are hooks on the Nozzle Cradle (that is assuming you would rather use your own hanger).
- The plastic pocket gadget also helps to keep the pocket flat and straighten collars while preventing burns.
- Design = appealing and compact. Construction = strong and sturdy.
FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITIES
Besides the job-specific attachment, there is also a telescopic aluminum pole, which is lightweight and sturdy, plus it is collapsible for ease of storage.
What is more?
A dual insulated steam hose for your protection and safety.
Also an On/Off Switch for greater control, in addition to a plastic steam nozzle to protect your delicate fabrics.
Other helpful features of this steamer are its handheld steam board and the adjustable hanger.
While the former feature lets you access those tough spots (collars, sleeves, pockets) the latter feature lets you easily eliminate wrinkles from fabrics of different length, size, and thickness.
Not only that, the clips help to hold your other garments in place.
Even so, the crease attachment lets you put finishing touches to your clothes for that perfect, crisp look.
The water tank holds about half a gallon. Not a ton but enough that constant refilling isn’t necessary.
Similarly the water tank, transparent and removable, lets you see when you are running low on water and doubles for a near effortless refilling.
Beneath the unit is a handy drain outlet to aid in the emptying, cleaning and flushing of the machine
The longest part is taking the machine out of the closet, extending the arms, plugging it in, flipping the switch, putting your item on the hanger. Depending on the user in question this shouldn’t take more than five minutes.
The next longest part is waiting for it to heat up (takes about 20 seconds).
The rest is kind of magical.
Once the steam starts nice and steady, start at the bottom of your garment first then work your way up. If the steam stops, hold up the hose till it pours back out and resume your steaming session.
PURSTEAM PS 910 model steam output is about a 7-8/10. For light to medium weight fabric, it will get the job done much easier. It may take longer to do heavy khakis.
Again depending on your experience with fabric steamers and thickness of the wrinkles, you could steam a half dozen men’s shirts with this steamer before refilling.
While the main purpose of this steamer is steaming clothes, it does a great job cleaning and disinfecting items of furniture & carpet.
- Simple to use and effective.
- Very quiet.
- Fewer/no spitting.
- Space efficient.
- Steady, mighty steam flow.
- Refilling is very simple.
- A very responsive seller with excellent customer service.
- No handle to carry it around (especially at home when going from one room to another).
- No bag for the product accessories.
- Quite a number of complaints about difficulty in using the clip and inconsistency in vapour flow.
PURSTEAM ELITE GARMENT STEAMER IN ACTION
- Steam from inside of the shirt. Put the steamer inside the shirt that is hung on the hanger, and while holding the shirt at the bottom with one hand, pull the steamer against the garment and work your way up and down.
- Steam is strong. Consider getting a glove.
- Manufacturer: PURSTEAM
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 9.5 x 12 inches
- Voltage: 110 – 120v
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Water Capacity: 1.8L
- Wattage: 1500W
READY TO TAKE ACTION?
Go out looking fresh and sharp after you must have run PURSTEAM ELITE over your work clothes in the morning.
PURSTEAM ELITE has a “5 years limited warranty,”–a period during which if your machine ever malfunctions, you will get a new one with no question asked.
A solid steamer that will save you tons of time and money while giving you peace of mind. Worth adding to the laundry room for quick turnovers with impressive results.
Also read: PURSTEAM Handheld Fabric Steamer Review